PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher Calling...

Maya Raut
08-28-2012, 10:01 PM
This was taken last weekend at Nickerson with my new camera.It is going to be a great learning curve with 1 series body I am impressed with the speed and IQ even at high ISO.

I photographed young skimmers in group and then headed for the small shore birds which were in great numbers. On my way I saw this Oystercatcher walking towards edge of the sand. I got excited to see the blue sea in distance as the BG.
I made lot of images and spent some good amount of time and suddenly Oystercatchers started their thing and everyone started calling.
I adjusted myself to get the right angle for better eye contact.I cloned one green moss in front but left one which I liked and felt it actually balanced the image.

Hope you all like it. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Canon 1D MK IV | 700mm | 1/1000 | f/5.6 | ISO 640 |Manual Lowered Tripod

PP - ~95% of Full Frame (cropped slightly from behind and added equal in front), slight amount of NR on BG, USM and exposure adjustment with curves.

Grace Scalzo
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Maya, Congrats on your new camera. Looks like you will be putting it to fine use. I love the pose of your oc, and the sweet blue background. Well exposed with good detail, and I love the bit of green that you've included. Looking forward to more.

Satish Ranadive
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Maya,
Heartiest congrats on your new camera.I like the composition with pleasant lights.
Love the pose of oc with open mouth,nice details in whites and blacks and blue BG.
Looking forward to more...

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
08-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi Maya, well exposed on a difficult character, and I like this perspective. An open bill will always add that something extra, and I feel you have placed him nicely in the frame.

Congrats on your new camera.

Frank Schauf
08-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Sweet light, nice low angle. Great capture, Maya.

arash_hazeghi
08-29-2012, 02:22 AM
I like the details exposure and pose. would have preferred a slightly higher angle for a better view of the feet

Miguel Palaviccini
08-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Maya - congrats on the new camera. Great angle, and very nice detail throughout. I'm not too familiar with the Oystercatcher, but the legs look a little on the bright side (but that may just be how they are).

Ofer Levy
08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Super low angle which I like and great techs!

Maya Raut
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm not too familiar with the Oystercatcher, but the legs look a little on the bright side (but that may just be how they are).

Miguel, OC's legs are same as presented in image. No changes made on OC body.

gail bisson
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Congrats on the new camera body!
Lovely image. Nice and close, good exposure and calling point.
Love the shade of blue of the ocean.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
08-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Nice low angle, and a beautiful shade of blue for the BG. I like the calling pose with the head angled towards us. Techs look spot-on. Have fun with the new toy!!

Jonathan Ashton
08-29-2012, 04:28 PM
A super shot, love the low angle and the pose, exposure excellent. I also like the little green plant/seaweed.

Maya Raut
08-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.