PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Pineland - IR

Michael Pancier
04-21-2008, 09:17 AM
finally took the IR rig to the Glades. What fun. Perfect sky and lighting for IR....

converted 20d IR + 17-85 USM IS + polarizer
manual mode
1/60
f/10
ISO 400

Robert Amoruso
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Of course the look is cool. But on the composition, I not happy with the FG palmetos getting cut and the two trees on the left - especially the one diagonally cutting the frame in the upper left appear awkward. I am guessing that you were at 17mm already and had to sacrifice FG to get the tops of the trees?

Actually, I might have good vertical and concentrated on the trees in the middle and right thirds of the image. That would lessen the perspective distortions and possibly you could have stitched a pano out of it.

Michael Pancier
04-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Of course the look is cool. But on the composition, I not happy with the FG palmetos getting cut and the two trees on the left - especially the one diagonally cutting the frame in the upper left appear awkward. I am guessing that you were at 17mm already and had to sacrifice FG to get the tops of the trees?

Actually, I might have good vertical and concentrated on the trees in the middle and right thirds of the image. That would lessen the perspective distortions and possibly you could have stitched a pano out of it.

right on the 17mm. maybe time for t/s lens?;)

good call on shooting this in verticals and stitching. hadn't thought of that....

Leroy Laverman
04-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Cool effect. How about a square crop of this one?

Robert Amoruso
04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
right on the 17mm. maybe time for t/s lens?;)

good call on shooting this in verticals and stitching. hadn't thought of that....

I was thinking t/s lens too. Would have been perfect here.

Roman Kurywczak
04-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Michael,
I was going to do Leroy's crop........as compositionally, this is strong.......but I'm not a huge fan of square crops. If I remember the area correctly......you nay have been able to pull of the comp........and more room to the right.
Roman