PDA

View Full Version : Eager to Learn Spotlight Image for week ending May 25th, 2012: P.-A. Fortin- Warbling Vireo

Daniel Cadieux
08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Congratulations P-A!!!

I had the chance and privilege this weekend to spend a full day with BPN's own Daniel Cadieux in Ottawa. A very fun, productive and rewarding day on which I learned alot on every aspect of bird photography. I also had the chance to spend a day with Kerry Perkins back in December. I'm telling you all: doing a workshop to benefit from the experience and knowledge of such experienced photographers is priceless and the impact on the quality of your images is unbelievable.

Those of you who know Daniel would probably expect me to post sparrow pictures. Yes, he did take me for some sparrow hunting and yes, I have amazing shots of 3 species I had never seen before. But that will be for another day.

Today's post features the last star of our day. A very cooperative Warbling vireo that we managed to get to land right on the perch that we had setup for him. Considering how hard these guys are to spot and see, this definitely was an amazing opportunity. Now I just hope Daniel won't post his images in case mine look silly in comparison :t3

Back to my usual gear: Canon 60D, 100-400mm @ 400mm, f/6.3, ISO 500, 1/1250. Flash at -1 2/3 with better beamer. Handheld :Whoa!:. Slight crop for composition, almost no processing and sharpening. A small notch on the branch cloned out.

P-A. Fortin
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks. However you do deserve congratulations as well for the design of this image :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
08-29-2012, 11:40 AM
It's still your image...and you're a great learner :-)