PDA

View Full Version : Gator

Steve Fauer
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Just curious, this is not a cropped image, is it a little too tight?

Nikon D2x
600mm AFS II
f/4
1/250
ISO 400

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I always love these type of gator shots - great color. Though I would like more room in front of him, I would suggest cropping room off the bottom and leaving the top alone. That will get him out of the center and remove some of the OOF FG in the image. Selecting the gator only in PS and opening up the shadows with a curves adjustment would give the shadows a bit more detail.

DanWalters
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I really like the color of the water. I also agree about more space in the front and opening
up the shadows a little.

James Shadle
01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
It is for my taste.
I would prefer more room in front of the 'gator and a slight crop below.

I like the exposure, looks just like a wet 'gator to me and the water is awesome!

James

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I like the water reflection and agree with the a bit too "centered" critique. I like the mystery of seeing the eyes and part of the mouth. Great exposure.

D. Robert Franz
01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Lovely image.. I'll have to go with tha above suggestons though it's not bad like it is...

Jasper Doest
01-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Well seen! The gator makes a really interesting subject in that golden water. In my opinion it is a bit too tight the way you've presented this. It would be fine if you would have moved a bit left around the gator, so that it would have made a nice diagonal line through your frame. The way it is now I'd say that it would need a bit more space to look into. The shadow detail looks fine to me, but I'd use a little curves to brighten up the water a bit to make this image stand out.