PDA

View Full Version : Clematis on a lightbox- a first attempt

Bob Miller
08-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I was inspired sometime in the last few weeks by Roman K to try shooting some flowers on an old slide viewer ( lightbox)....so this is my first attempt.
All comments welcome!
Nikon D3s
Iso 200
1/100 sec at f5.6
18-200 mm @ 29mm

Bill Jobes
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
That's quite the beauty, Bob !

Seems as if you jumped right into light box photography with solid technique.

The thing that really appeals to me here is the delicate, almost wispy feel of the petals and BG, contrasted with the more powerful lines of the inner flower.

My only suggestion would be to consider cloning out the few tiny specs that are seen on some of the petals.

This is something I wrestle with all the time -- how much to 'clean up' Nature's handiwork. Either way, it's exquisite.

Marina Scarr
08-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I absolutely love the delicate feel to this one. I am sitting hear scratching my head wondering why I recently tossed my light box. This is so artistic and unique. I would not do any clean up. To me the specs do not stand out at all, just look natural and part of the flower.

Jonathan Ashton
08-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Just terrific great exposure and presentation.

Cheryl Slechta
08-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi, Bob, this is a lovely image - very delicate and technically well done. I don't mind the specs on the flower but I would clean up the one speck on the upper center in the background.:S3:

Dave Leroy
08-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Lovely photo and an excellent idea. A really nice choice for a flower. I like the square crop and think it would work fine centred both ways.

Roman Kurywczak
08-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Very well done Bob and glad I could inspire! I think the flower plays a vital role in how well it will turn out but I have a few other things I want to try out in the next few months.
Great job holding the details in the whites!

Bob Miller
08-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks all!