PDA

View Full Version : Frog

Joe Senzatimore
08-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Had an opportunity to photograph some reptiles at a local reptile shop. The owner was very accomodating and worked well with his animals.
This frog was shot with 2 studio strobes in small softboxes.

ISO 200 f-11 at 1/250th

Rachel Hollander
08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Joe - interesting to see a "studio shot" of a frog. I like the comp and the irridescent shine that the lighting has brought out.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi Joe, good DOF and as Rachel commented, I too like the sheen on the subject. Difficult to comment on colour etc as the file is RGB, but a tad more selective contrast on the face I think helps. Not keen on the body hanging over the prop on the RHS.

Please can you add the camera, lens and anything that might be useful to the image for others who view the image, thanks.

Steve

Marina Scarr
08-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Great setting/prop for this frog, and I like the comp. The soft boxes worked well. Like the eyes and how well you can see the frog's toes. I also wish the body weren't hanging over the prop in the back but he's not a small frog, and from looking at this, I don't think you could have moved to your left and gotten the comp you were striving for. Well done and I would also like to see equipment/settings.

Andreas Liedmann
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi Joe,
nice studio shot with excellent detail, sharpness and colors.
But all the time , feel the reflections of strobes are a bit distracting, in this case , too.

Cheers Andreas

Andrew McLachlan
08-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Joe,

nice studio shot of this frog. Looks like a White's Treefrog? Not sure how you feel about clean-up but if it were mine I might evict the body on the RHS or crop a little off that side and then clean a few of the flash generated highlights from the frog's skin. You might need to work large to do that. These treefrogs always have great expressions on their faces. Nice capture and a few tweaks will make it even better.

Morkel Erasmus
08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
nice pose and exposure here Joe...I think using a polariser would lessen the effect of the "sheen"? I know they glisten, just wondering if it will boost detail on the frog?