PDA

View Full Version : Western Wood Pewee

Richard Unsworth
08-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi

Heres a sweet little chap from the garden of Loco Natural in Puerto Viejo singing away!

Friendly and approachable little birds, it was nice to get to know them during my long stay.:S3:
7D 100-400 Ev +1 ISO 800 f5.6 1/60 from tripod

Cropped to taste, NR and sharpened, curve pulled down.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bill Dix
08-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Nice little bird in a great singing pose. Some nice detail, but I wonder if more SS could have made it sharper (if you had had the light). At first look there seemed to be a magenta cast, but the grays are neutral gray, so perhaps the purplish color is natural?

Richard Unsworth
08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Bill
Thanks
Checked tiff again whites on wing no cast; lots of these have subtle colors, problem is as you know,many field guides are not accurate!
light position will also affect? Perhaps could have used Ev 0, for a bit more SS but ... i'm happy :-)

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Stu Bowie
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Richard, good angled singing pose, and sharp where it counts. I like the varoius greys and magenta's on this species.

laurie golden
08-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Colors look good to me, very nice little bird, sharp, great background and pose.

Daniel Cadieux
08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I like the singing pose, perch, comp. Not crazy about the dark streak crossing the subject in the BG. I'm surprised the singing bill stayed so sharp from such a low SS!

Jim Crosswell
08-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I like the pose, sharpness and open beak. Well done under challenging conditions.