PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...Late Night?

Robert vanMierop
08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
D300, 300 f4 @ f/4, 1/3200, iso 200. The bird was napping on a sandbar and I waded out to waist deep water, bent down and shot this with the camera about 4 inches off the water's surface.

Josh Clark
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Quite a yawn you captured there! I like the low POV. The bird looks great against the blue BG and stands out well.

Marina Scarr
08-25-2012, 10:51 PM
That is some yawn!!! You did well getting down for this low POV. That grey FG is pleasing and works well with the bird and sky. Your other choice would be more of a pano crop which works pretty well too. I just tried it.

Daniel Cadieux
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Quite the gaping yawm, my goodness! Good job wading out, and waiting for an interesting bit of behaviour. Well exposed. The fine details seem lacking to me, not sure if it is a processing or resizing thing (there seems to be some compression evident in the sky). Laughing Gull?

Robert vanMierop
08-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Quite the gaping yawm, my goodness! Good job wading out, and waiting for an interesting bit of behaviour. Well exposed. The fine details seem lacking to me, not sure if it is a processing or resizing thing (there seems to be some compression evident in the sky). Laughing Gull?

I'm guessing it's a processing issue. This is the next frame, with much less post work done. In this case I believe less is more.