PDA

View Full Version : Piping Plover at sunset

Sachin Saraf
08-25-2012, 10:21 AM
This was taken earlier this summer. I was about to call it a day when suddenly this adult flew in and walked in front of me. Wish I was little lower but I just managed to get low enough.

Please let me know if this can be improved.

I tried to retain the golden light. C&C most welcome.

Canon 7D | 700mm | f/6.3 / 1/1250 | ISO 400 | Manual

PP: Full Frame, beak clean up, Cloned dark white patch right behind beak, curve adjustment, NR and Sharpening.

Randy Stout
08-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Sachin:

You maintained the golden light look well. Sharp, well exposed, nice catchlight raised foot, soft BG.

A lower shooting angle would have been nice, as it would have separated the bird from the rocks at his feet a bit, but understand that isn't always possible.

I could see a little more room below and to the left from a comp. standpoint, but realize this was FF. With the room you had to work with, I think the bird is well positioned in the frame.

Cheers

Randy

Oscar Dewhurst
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Randy has said it well, lovely light, but a low angle would have really made it stand out.

Oscar

Satish Ranadive
08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Sachin,
Love the bird with raised foot,colors and beautiful golden lights.

Regards,
Satish.

Melissa Groo
08-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Wonderful light indeed, Sachin, just love that golden tone. I too wish you had been a bit lower, and feel the bird would be well served by a bit more room around. Understood though how sometimes one can't just back up in the moment! Love the foot up and the angle of the bird to you.

allanrube
08-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Very pretty light and a pretty bird. I agree lower would be better and I would also try desaturating the reds a bit.

Stu Bowie
08-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi Sachin, lovely light which in turn has brought out warm colours. As this is FF, your comp pretty much works for itself, and I do like the raised foot.

Ofer Levy
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Sweet light and good exposure, sharpness and detail. Maybe slightly big in the frame.