PDA

View Full Version : Banking Pelican

Harold Davis
04-21-2008, 04:43 AM
the pelicans were active this sunday afternoon at boynton beach and i was able to PHOTOGrRapH some of them!! i kinda liked this one and was wondering what everyone else thought about it.

D300, 18-200VR at 200mm, f/9, 1/1250s, 0EV, ISO 800

thanks for looking and eager to hear what you think.

Lance Peters
04-21-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi Harold - nice shot - lots of detail - Iyou get some fantastic shots - Mate.

Only thing I might have done if it was mine - would be to add a touch of canvas at the top just so the tip of the wing doesnt look like it is cut off.

Lance

Gus Cobos
04-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Great capture Harold,

Also agree about adding just a wee bit of space on the top, to give Mr. Pelican more room for flight...:D Love the details and colors on both the bird and the background...:cool:

Alfred Forns
04-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Agree with Lance on the room up top for the wing tip

Love the wing spread and soft light If anything might increase the contrast just a tad but is mostly personal choice Sure would like to check that place out Looks like a good alternative btw how do you manage with the east wind in the afternoon?

Harold Davis
04-21-2008, 07:21 AM
east wind was not bad. i could not believe the action at that place. i had been there before but not for birding, fishing. the wind today is suppose to turn and come from the SW then NW later. i will be back there this afternoon with bigger glass!! it was a lot of fun.

thanks for all the kind words. i knew it needed some canvas up top, but decided to post it anyway. NEED PS!!! NEED PS!! one day:o

Nonda Surratt
04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Super feather detail! Good going Harold!

Next spring I'm coming to FL for 'class' and mass birds!

Oscar Zangroniz
04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Awsome detail and contrast my friend.
Missed you this Sunday at Green Cay. It was a great time with Alfred and got a chance to meet Arthur Morris. And lots of birds too!!!!!
Regards,

Robert Amoruso
04-21-2008, 04:19 PM
You have nice underwing details and the light is not harsh. The wing-tip clip is not a big thinkg to fix and add canvas at the top. I bit more of a head turn would be nice as he is facing a bit away from you.

A local contrast enhancement on a background copy using USM at 20-60-4 would make this POP. Vary amounts to your liking.