Golden Plover, Iceland

MIV, 500mm w/1.4x
Manual, Eval on grass, 1/1000 @ f/8, ISO 800
Post-production- 15in MBP, LR4, CS6, NIK Color Effex Pro 4

See you where there is light, or at the computer,

Chas

Satish Ranadive
08-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Marvelous image of Golden Plover in beautiful habitat.I like the colors,nice BG and composition.
Love the pose of bird with open mouth and tongue.

Regards,
Satish.

Jack Breakfast
08-24-2012, 12:28 AM
hello! I am mildly distracted by the o.o.f. rock (or vegetation?) in the foreground, but otherwise I like this picture very much. The juxtaposition of insanely beautiful gold-specked bird / gross bird-tongue is a true treat! The habitat and background and light and color, yes yes, those things are all very appealing here!

christopher galeski
08-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Beautiful image,like the habitat,the pose of the bird,nice soft light,I see some soft parts on the birds body,just under the eye and too the right,and some on the wing and below the wing,maybe some out of focus grass.thanks.

Jeff Dyck
08-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Gorgeous image Chas - such a beautiful bird. I love the pose and the tongue. I do agree with Jack on the mild distraction of the rock in the foreground.

FYI - for those of us that don't like Capt. James new "Mark II" default display style and continue to view images on a white background, your light grey text is very difficult to read.

Miguel Palaviccini
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Great capture. The tones of the image are very nice and compliment each other really well. Looks like you had great light! I might be inclined to darken the foreground rock just a bit.

Markus Jais
08-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Wonderful shot, great composition. I like the open bill.

Markus

Oscar Dewhurst
08-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Fantastic image, love the setting and composition. Colours, pose, and bg are great also.

Oscar

Ivan Ellison
08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Lovely image, the bird is spectacular and the open beak really makes it. The habitat is great , the colours compliment it so well. I may have been tempted just to clone out the little OOF grass at the tail end of the bird.