PDA

View Full Version : Another Dahlia

Ed Cordes
08-23-2012, 09:04 PM
A Dahlia from our yard.

1DMK4 and 300 F4. ISO 400 F 7.1 1/400. A bit of a crop with a poster board as BG.

Thanks for looking.

Dave Leroy
08-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Good idea about the bg. It really makes the flower pop. FG and bottom is a bit busy but must be hard to get full flower head in a garden bed without the leaves. I like the nice dof on the flower as well.

Jonathan Ashton
08-26-2012, 05:27 AM
I really like the dahlia, the black background works and works well, but purely from a personal point of view I would have preferred a more neutral green colour, I suppose it's just me because black backgrounds usually make me think of night time.

Steve Maxson
08-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Ed. Beautiful colors and excellent sharpness! I also like that the flower is facing slightly to the left and it pops nicely from the background. Dave and John make interesting points about the busy bottom of the frame and the background color. Overall, this is very well done!

Ed Cordes
08-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks everyone for your posts. The black BG debate is one I have engaged in with many of my local friends. While I do also like the green idea, people who look at my prints at shows really tend to gravitate toward the blacks.

I also agree with you guys RE the image being a bit busy on the bottom.

Thanks again for your input.