PDA

View Full Version : veratrum leaves

Valerio Tarone
08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm always enticed by forms of flowers, leaves, etc.
Nikon D300 nikkor 60mm f32 1/8 iso320 moderate D-lighting wb: sun ap.priority remote cable sturdy tripod, of course.
I wouls appreciate, particularly youd advices about lights /shadow.

John Chardine
08-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi Valerio- The flow of the curves in these leaves makes the image. Love the colour too. I would have tried to get the point where the leaves come together in focus. Also I would try to choose leaves that were unblemished if that were possible.

Valerio Tarone
08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you John, in my modest opinion two blemishes on the right add something as a point of reference.

Dave Leroy
08-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes the forms and shapes found on leafs can be very interesting to photograph and I like the nice swirl you have found here.
To bring out the curves a bit more I would suggest darkening the bit of shaded part of the curves more without adding to the highlighted or lighter portions.

As far as the composition is concerned I would look at cropping a bit from bottom and from right side.

LindaHarden
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I like this because it is a view I don't usually see...If it were mine, I would darken or blur out the tip of the leaf lower right that is quite bright. It takes my eyes away from the lines and shape of the primary subject plant...

Steve Maxson
08-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi Valerio. The shapes and patterns of nature make interesting photo subjects! To me, the most interesting part of the image is the curving flow of lines on the left side - I think you might crop some off the right to help focus our attention on the left half of the frame. John makes a good point - the image would be stronger if the point where the base of the leaves come together was sharp - all the flowing lines lead our eye to that point. My personal preference would be to shoot this in overcast light (or use a diffusion screen) - the light looks rather harsh where the sun is striking the leaves. Just some things to keep in mind the next time you are in the field. :S3:

Valerio Tarone
08-26-2012, 01:53 PM
thank you to all. Hope to have well understood, I readjusted the file in N.C. :Color point decreasing brightness, a bit also tones on the right,, cropped the right and 5% of the upper. further critics!

Steve Maxson
08-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Valerio - I think this looks much better!