PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better?

Ofer Levy
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
1D Mark IV, Canon 800 f5.6, x1.4, 1/1000, f11, iso 800, tripod

Taken at the same shoot as my previous image of this bird.

Would love to hear which one is better over-all.

Thanks,
Ofer

Grace Scalzo
08-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Tough call. I like the background better in this one, and the raised foot in the other. Have any that combine the two elements? Either way, both are winners.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
08-22-2012, 07:50 AM
I like this one more for two reasons
1. I think the foreground and background of this one look more lively than the previous one.
2. The blocked foot in this one actually made me feel like the bird is walking, while the other it look like the bird just standing there. So this one make me feel more of a movement.

Ken Watkins
08-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Ofer,
I have downloaded both put them side by side, and have to say both are remarkably good.
If I was forced to choose I would go for this one, mainly because more of the head is visible but also I like the BG better

Sachin Saraf
08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Ofer, I liked yesterday's Image for Pose with foot in air but BG, light, angle of bird on this one is much better...This one also looks better partly because white patch on chest is much less from this side view than what we saw yesterday (which looked on edge to being hot)...But that said I would be more than happy to have either of these in my profile :S3:

May be you will post one tomorrow which has best of both images :w3

Morkel Erasmus
08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Lovely low angle, colours, detail and clarity here Ofer.
Now I need to find the other one :t3

Marina Scarr
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
They are both great captures but this one is better for the BG but I am missing that raised leg. If I had to pick, I would have to go with this one. The black area of the BG in the other one is just too close to the bird's head and detracts some.

gail bisson
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I prefer this one for the pose and BG and sense of movement.
Lovely shot,
Gail

arash_hazeghi
08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
this is sweet Ofer, love the pose and BG excellent details. tough call between the two!

Richard Unsworth
08-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Cant choose Ofer; both superb
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Maya Raut
08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Ofer,

I will choose this image for details, sharpness, BG, pose and light. TFS

- Maya

Don Nelson
08-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Tough call - I prefer the HA on this one but wish the feet weren't in the grass....

dankearl
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Another vote for this one. I like the foreground and habitat more than the first, Both terrific, but this would be my favorite.

Robert Holguin
08-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Another teriffic shot. I personally like this one more because of the foreground and for some reason I like the pose of this one too.
Either way they are both fantastic.
Well done.

Ofer Levy
08-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Thank you all for your input!
I prefer this one but I wish at least one foot was visible....:e3

Satish Ranadive
08-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Ofer,
I did exactly what Ken Watkins did.Both the images have their own beauties.I like this one because BG is lighter,where bird pops up superbly.

Regards,
Satish.

Melvin Grey
08-23-2012, 04:31 AM
I still prefer the previous pose - yes the BG. here is cleaner but I was quite happy with the previous BG. as well. When presented with two images like this, and having to decide, it will inevitably result in a 'pick and mix' situation.
But thanks for the exercise Ofer, they are both very nice images with your usual great IQ.

Melissa Groo
08-23-2012, 10:31 AM
That sure is a tough call, Ofer. They are both superb. At first glance, I am more drawn to the first one, it seems more engaging to me somehow but maybe that's just because the bird is bigger in the frame. But I also LOVE being able to see the raised foot. The background in this one is certainly superior, but I do miss the feet, a lot. So I am going to go against the grain and say I slightly prefer the first.

Josh Clark
08-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Didn't even see the other shot but this one is a STUNNER! Wow! Great contrast on the colors and love the included habitat.

Ignacio Yufera
08-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I prefer this one, in which the horizon doesn't cut so sharply across the image. Insanely beautiful lapwing, and great light and image overall.