PDA

View Full Version : Three spined stickleback

Jonathan Ashton
08-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Benbo tripod Nikon D700 Nikon 105mm macro Dark ground illumination ISO 200 1/80 sec f16

I have submitted this purely for your interest, the dark ground illumination is usually employed in the field of microscopy but it can be used in conventional photography. I have brushed the background to mask all the algae and bits of detritus, leaving a little at the edges just to show how much there is despite the fish being washed in freshly filtered pond water.
All C&C welcome

John Chardine
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi Jonathan- This is a unique view and I like it. The transparency of the fish shows nicely. I really like the detail in the eyes.

Dave Leroy
08-24-2012, 07:37 PM
A very interesting photo and thanks for posting. I am quite surprised by how sharp the fins are at that ss.

LindaHarden
08-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure I grasped how you did this.... but it looks neat. I think it would look fantastic to have several fish in the frame done this way.

Steve Maxson
08-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi Jonathan. I like the "artistic" feel of this image - the lighting is unusual and interesting, you have good sharpness, and the diagonal comp works well. I know we tend to have differing views on this, but if this was mine, I'd probably clean up all the little specks in the water. :S3: This is very nicely done and I hope to see more of these!

Stu Bowie
08-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Jon, a well thought out comp with the fish diagonally across the frame, and what grabs my attention most are those eyes and how we can see them 'bulging' from the head. Love the outline of the lighting effect.