PDA

View Full Version : Killdeer

David Salem
08-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Took this about a year ago. Never know when an opportunity pops up. Happend to have my camera while I was woking on a constuction site with dirt lots for new homes.

Sitting in my truck waiting for the homeowner to show up when ths Killdeer landed right next to me. Grabbed my bag and snapped of a few. Didnt think much of it until I looked at home. Just before sunset and the BG is the next dirt lot of a soon to be new home.

Comp is a little centerd but I wanted the twig on the RT in it.

Thanks again for looking and your input.

David

7D---100-400@300mm---f5.6---ss1/1000--- ISO640---EV+1/3---HH@7:20pm

arash_hazeghi
08-22-2012, 03:44 AM
this is sweet love the light pose and details

David Salem
08-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Thanks Arash. Glad you liked it.

David

Satish Ranadive
08-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Phil,
Excellent image.Love pose of bird,colors and it's eye.
I like the angle of light and the way it has created shadows in FG.BG colors are very well complimenting with bird's colors.

Regards,
Satish.

Ken Watkins
08-22-2012, 04:45 AM
David,

This is wonderful, I have never seen a pile of dirt look so good:w3

gail bisson
08-22-2012, 04:54 AM
This is very nice David.
I like the complimentary BG colors. Light is beautiful.
I wish for a bit more of a head turn towards you. Good exposure. I might tone down the sharpening a bit as I find the bird a bit crispy.
I would lighten up the black spots in the FG as I find it draws the eyes down especially in RLC.
Gail

Grace Scalzo
08-22-2012, 07:58 AM
You certainly capitalized on a nice opportunity. Love the complimentary colors between the background and the killdeer. Yes to backing off the sharpening. Light angle was tough and light was harsh, but you managed very well.

Sachin Saraf
08-22-2012, 08:55 AM
David, This is beautiful image...Love the light and details...Good that you had your camera with you.

Daniel Cadieux
08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I always love that red eyering on the killdeers, and it looks great here. I'm OK with the comp as is, but like Gail I wish for a better head angle. I also almost always prefer separation of the legs rather than together like here (I realize the subject does not always cooperate for these things though). Still a very appealing killdeer image, much better than anything I have in my files of this species!

Stu Bowie
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi David, great angle shooting from your vehicle. Im fine with the placement, and love ther complimentary colours between the Killdeer and BG. I would try and raise the shadows in the LRC if possible.

David Salem
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you everyone for the nice comments and constructive crits.

Always appreciated.

David

Robert Holguin
08-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Very nice shot. Great light and wonderful background.
Well done.