View Full Version : monarch

stuart wanuck
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
nikon d 300 iso 200
m 1/1200 @ 7
500 mm and ff

Markus Jais
08-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Beautiful light and colors. I wish the leave behind the Monarch wasn't there but it is great as presented.

Markus

Jonathan Ashton
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
I really like the image but for me the colours are off balance, I sense too much yellow. Are you working on a calibrated screen, I ask because we are probably looking at totally different images.

LindaHarden
08-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Overall, I like this image. For me... I think my eye is drawn up to the left where the flowers are and I'm curious how the image look if they were erased. The photo looks sharp and I like the overall composition.

Dave Leroy
08-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Lovely detail and excellent dof on the butterfly. It would have been nice if the butterfly had given you a less cluttered perch but nice to be square to subject.

I agree the colours seem a bit intense especially on the flowers.

Steve Maxson
08-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Stuart. The colors, pose, and sharpness of the butterfly itself look very good to me. You have some good comments above to consider so I won't repeat. It looks like some of the yellows and oranges in the flowers are blown and are lacking detail. If you are converting a RAW file in PS you can try reducing the vibrance (and maybe saturation too) in those color channels to see if it helps. :S3: I think a few tweaks, as suggested above, could take this very nice image up a notch or two.

Arthur Morris
08-28-2012, 11:13 AM
This is quite loverly if a bit too YELLOW. Ido not find the perch at all cluttered and actually find the setting quite pleasing.

Jon Rista
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Beautiful shot of a magnificent creature. Love the framing. Seems a touch too saturated, might pull that back just a bit. Otherwise, love it!