PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Vulture - Part II

Peter Seidel
08-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks to Satish Randive, Marina Scarr and Doug Brown for comments on the earlier post - the head angle seemed to be the primary issue. This is from the same series with a better head angle. Face and feather detail were a bit darker in the original so a bit more work in PP, and also to reduce the effect of the heavy fog. On my monitor this one (processed version) appears a little noisier than the previous post but I think it's pretty close in IQ.

Nikon D300s, Nikon 70-200mm VR II, f/6.3, 1/250 sec., ISO 200, exp. bias + 0.3, no flash, handheld

Comments welcome,

Pete

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8299/7809742364_6d8224cbca_c.jpg

Satish Ranadive
08-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Peter,
Magnificent image.Very nice HA.Love the pose,details and colors. I like the BG too.

Regards,
Satish.

Robert Holguin
08-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Wonderful shot. The head anlge is much better on this one. Great pose and detail.
Well done.

Marina Scarr
08-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I think I like this comp a little better with the bird engaging the viewer. That said, I think the other comp worked well too, just in a different way, as though the bird were looking over his territory so to speak.

Peter Seidel
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Thank you Satish. Still wish I would have planned better and had my longer lens - closer shot would have allowed a bit more flexibility with PP but I'm fine with it.

Pete

Peter,
Magnificent image.Very nice HA.Love the pose,details and colors. I like the BG too.

Regards,
Satish.

Peter Seidel
08-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Thank you Robert,

I agree on the head angle. I think the detail in the first one is a bit better but as I mentioned I think this is pretty close for IQ, and definitely more engaging. I suppose I could try some combination/blending of the two shots to get the best of both worlds, but I don't think I have the photoshop skills for that.

Pete

Wonderful shot. The head anlge is much better on this one. Great pose and detail.
Well done.

Peter Seidel
08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks again Marina,

I think with a bit more dramatic BG on the right side (like he was looking over a cliff, or down on some potential prey) that first shot may be my preference. I too like the comp in the second one a bit more - definitely draws the eye to the face much quicker.

Regards,

Pete

I think I like this comp a little better with the bird engaging the viewer. That said, I think the other comp worked well too, just in a different way, as though the bird were looking over his territory so to speak.