PDA

View Full Version : Salayexe

Jan Saunders
08-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Canon 1D Merk IV
Canon 100 - 400mm

She was walking down a road and picked up the twig with leaves and carried it around for a while, The image was taken landscape and I cropped it to portrait.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Beautiful image, like the colors & detail.
Cheers
Sanjeev

Rudi van den Heever
08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi Jan!

Looks like you used fill flash here... nicely done! :w3 Also like the raised paw!

I think the original landscape comp will work better, if it has space to the left for the leopard to walk into...

Ken Watkins
08-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Jan,

This looks excessively yellow to me, but maybe my monitor, great pose I agree with Rudi on trying more landscape unless the road is particularly distracting

Steve Kaluski
08-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi Jan, firstly please can you add more Exif data such as Aperture, Shutter speed, Compensation & ISO, as it helps to build the picture along with the descriptive text, thanks. :S3: In this case it's 1/320sec, f/5.6, ISO1250.

Have you lightened the image in any area, just looking at the ridge of the back there appears to be more 'noise' coming through than other parts? The image certainly needs addressing colourwise, not only in the yellow, but also red & blue in the whites of the chest, Cyan & Blue in the tail. By adjust these channels it appears to also help the flash, as it just then picks up in the eyes, but a little less obvious. I would also look at adjusting Levels in both the Black & White sliders which just gives the blacks & whites a bit more oomph. As presented I might just move the whole crop to the left by about half the space between the tip of the tail and the trim edge. If you want to RP as a landscape version please feel free as long as it's the same image.

TFS
Steve

Joe Senzatimore
08-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Great idea to make it vertical. Works well. Colors look fine on my monitor. Seems like early or late light.

Charles Glatzer
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Very nice image. Not sure on the comp as presented.

Chas

Morkel Erasmus
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Lovely sighting. As said elsewhere I am not sold on the colour, Jan. Did you use flash or was a spotlight used? The colour difference between the face/chest and the rest of the body is just too much. Steve has a point on the overly yellow cast and the blues in the whites too. How about posting the landscape orientation and see if any of the members here can come up with a different crop that might work better? :t3

Andreas Liedmann
08-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Good sighting with interesting behavior .Besides the nits stated in the other comments i would like to add, that the BG and FG looks heavily blurred in parts (heavy noise reduction?),and i think IQ is not there.

So as conclusion i would go for the original landscape shot.

TFS Andreas