PDA

View Full Version : Last year's Gnatcatcher...

Jack Breakfast
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Hello!
I'm not precisely sure why my favorite passerine is the blue-grey gnatcatcher. They've arrived back in my parts of the city again, but have eluded me this season, thus far. I was going through some photos from this time last year, and found this one. This particular shot was taken before I made the switch to some better equipment, and here are the technical specifications: Nikon D90, 70-300VR at 270mm, iso400, 1/800, f9. This is approximately 70% of the original capture. As for me, I have mixed feelings about this shot, and there is much about it that steams my cabbage. Still, I won't throw the picture into the steaming dump-pile. Rather, I will let it inspire me to new and greater gnatcatcher-related heights, so to speak. I'll go back searching for gnatcatchers later this afternoon and evening...I am hoping for the best...I will welcome your critique and ideas and opinions, kindly folks.

gail bisson
08-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Good BG and plant.
The butt shot is a killer though...
Gail

Jack Breakfast
08-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Ms Bisson, as a physician I thought you might appreciate such a butt shot. I joke! I like the pose as it is, I think it shows off the silly ways of this fine species. I was luckless today, found no gnatcatchers. By the way, I forgot to mention that a plant was abutting (ha ha pun intended) up against the fine BGN's tail. Does my cloning work look alright or is there anything "funky" by the tail? ALL HAIL BUTT SHOTS

gail bisson
08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jack Breakfast;830446]Ms Bisson, as a physician I thought you might appreciate such a butt shot. I joke!
Aah...but i am not a proctologist!!:bg3:
Your cloning work is excellent. I did not notice anything by the tail.
Gail

laurie golden
08-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Jack,

I dont mind the butt shot, only wish the bird was looking back over her shoulder at you a little more. I like the plant, it compliments the pose of the bird and shows how small it is. Good luck in finding more to photograph.

Jack Breakfast
08-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks Laurie. I also like that stray little feather. O boy! I love this species so much but I sure did come up empty today, searching high and low in the usual spots. Luckily I amused myself by taking some pretty whizbang Canada Goose portraits. Ha! O the gnatcatcher...my own heart's treasure-bird...