PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Kingbird feeding chicks

Jason Lee
08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8440/7789948644_65166d5e5e_c.jpg

Marina Scarr
08-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow, Jason, this is an impressive capture. You had a tough environment to deal with and you handled it beautifully or got lucky...or a little of both. You caught the insect in beak, the wings up, the claws grasping at the branch and the chicks' mouths agape. Like the lichen on the tree trunks. Not sure how much of a crop this is, but I might suggest cropping out the blue on the right. I think it makes the photo even more powerful.

It would be helpful if you could please post the equipment you used and your settings so that we may be evaluate your pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

gail bisson
08-16-2012, 05:53 AM
This is great Jason!
I don't know how you feel about cloning but if you are not against it I would clone out the entire OOF branch behind the kingbirds wing.
Just select the bird and put it on its own layer then go to the BG and erase away!
You got great HA on the chicks and lovely light,
Gail

Satish Ranadive
08-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Excellent action captured.Agree with Gail about OOF branch.
Love the cute little ones.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I love that the incoming adult already has a hold of a branch, very cool. Great double pose by the antsy chicks. I myself do not have the PP patience to clone out a big item behind a subject like this but if your ethics permit it Gail's suggestion could be an option to explore.