PDA

View Full Version : Frog in the cave.

Satish Ranadive
08-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Taken yesterday on Sinhgad Fort at Pune, (4320ft/1317meters) in the afternoon.
Frog was sitting on stone in small cave.I like the black BG, so thought to share with you.
I have used the inbuilt flash.
Canon 550D,100-400mm.F:5.6,1/200,ISO:400.

Dave Johnson
08-14-2012, 06:32 AM
A real chubby chap! Great specie and I like the colouration and black claws. I'd consider cropping tighter and perhaps sharpen him up a bit. Still nice as is.
Thanks for sharing,

Dave J.

Jonathan Ashton
08-15-2012, 05:24 AM
I like the exposure and the atmosphere, a very eye catching shot.
I have my suspicions that this frog might be a toad (???) it appears to have a warty type skin.

Satish Ranadive
08-15-2012, 05:53 AM
I like the exposure and the atmosphere, a very eye catching shot.
I have my suspicions that this frog might be a toad (???) it appears to have a warty type skin.

Jaonathan,
It is Toad,a big typo mistake.Now I don't know how to change the title.
Thank you all for the kind comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Steve Maxson
08-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Satish. Your toad likes rather majestic perched on top of its rock. The black background works well for a cave setting and you have good sharpness and comp. The built-in flash worked well - if this was mine, I would carefully clone most of the flash generated specular highlights on the rock. There are also two small bright areas in the background on the right side that could be removed. A few minor tweaks will make your strong image even better!

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Hey Satish,
I too would crop a bit tighter as suggested and follow Steve's excellent advice on a few PP'ing tweaks to make this shine!