PDA

View Full Version : Immature Tri-colored

Raul Quinones
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
This picture is from Wakodahatchee last year, the immature birds were fearless.

5/30/2007 16:19:34

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL, 100-400mm
1/800Sec, F7.1, 400.0 mm, ISO 200

Alfred Forns
04-20-2008, 07:05 PM
HI Raul !!!!! I'm afraid they are going to be fearless this year also !!!!!!!! Hope you did well this morning !!!!!

Love the head angle, clean bg and overall sharpness Just beautiful Only wish that little triangle was not in the LR corner Might also back down the usm just a bit Big Congrats !!!!

edward saltau
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
this is impressive. love the background and the sharpness is awesome! makes me think about getting that lens...
love his hair-do...

Paul Pagano
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM
These are my favorite juvi's. Well shot.

Cindy Cone
04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I like these guys a lot, too. Wonderful portrait - love the details, background, and composition.

Scott Goetz
04-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Beautiful shot. Great 'do!
Scott

Freddy Franzella
04-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Great head shot and detail!

Raul Quinones
04-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for comments!

Alfred, I am impress, what an eye... I took the picture, did the PS work and never noticed that ugly triangle on the Bottom-right corner... now I can stop looking at it.

Fabs Forns
04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Great profile, a little too sharp.
The white triangle looks like he was reading his credit card statement ;)

Arthur Morris
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
To all the "great shot" posters (above and elsewhere on BPN), please remember that only honest critiques will help folks improve. If you do believe that an image is great, please support your opinion with details. Thanks <smile> Please wear this shoe only if it fits.

The (???) triangle in the L-R-C corner has already been mentioned. What was it? A bit of bill clean up would help, esp. the bright whtie fleck on the bottom of the lower mandible. Light a bit harsh. Desaturating the whole image about 10 points might soften the look. Light is realitvely harsh. Head angle and basic COMP good.

It was nice meeting you today at Green Cay.

Tim Cee
04-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Very cool image indeed. I feel I am far to new yet to even attempt to critique any images but instead learn from them by reading the critiques given. I agree with Artie in that critique is a powerful learning tool if given and taken as such.

Raul Quinones
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
To all the "great shot" posters (above and elsewhere on BPN), please remember that only honest critiques will help folks improve. If you do believe that an image is great, please support your opinion with details. Thanks <smile> Please wear this shoe only if it fits.

The (???) triangle in the L-R-C corner has already been mentioned. What was it? A bit of bill clean up would help, esp. the bright whtie fleck on the bottom of the lower mandible. Light a bit harsh. Desaturating the whole image about 10 points might soften the look. Light is realitvely harsh. Head angle and basic COMP good.

It was nice meeting you today at Green Cay.

It was also nice to meet you. I think the "ugly triangle" is the rail.
Thanks for the critiques... when I started posting in this forum, I barely sharpen my pictures, now it seems that I have gone to far... since I am keeping notes, I should be able to find a happy medium. Will see in next posts.

Saludos,
Raul

Grady Weed
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
What I do like are the extra fine details here. I will leave it to the PS gurus to tell you how to fix the bill. But I love the eye's clarity.

Arthur Morris
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Very cool image indeed. I feel I am far to new yet to even attempt to critique any images but instead learn from them by reading the critiques given. I agree with Artie in that critique is a powerful learning tool if given and taken as such.

Hey Tim, Don't make it too complicated :) You can simply state what you like or do not like about an image.