PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Rock (vertical). Arches NP

Douglas Bolt
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Canon 5D & Sigma 12x24 @ 15, f22, 1.0s (-.3), ISO 200
Color temp/tint As Shot: 6300/-6, Custom: 5500/+3
Added a few stones in front of the chopped rock at the bottom of the image.

I prefer the composition of this image, compared to the horizontal version posted yesterday, but the clouds and the multiple lines pointing to the center of interest seem better in the earlier post. This image was taken at 5:03 on 12/4/07. The earlier image was taken two min later and a few feet to the right.

Comments and suggestions most welcome... including guesses as to what appears to be written in the clouds behind the rock. I just noticed that.

doug

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks Douglas for the alternate view. I like the framing of this composition. I would like a bit more of the large FG rock on right. When I view this image, the rock first brought my eye into it - kind of like an arrow. If you have more of it in the original, including it may strengthen the composition. As is, it works very well now.

Guess on the writing? I see what you mean but have no guess.

Douglas Bolt
01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks Robert. No more to work with. This is FF. Looking at the image with IE, the stones and gravel look to me to be a bit harsh, probably due to oversharpening.

Jason Hahn
01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I definitely liked the lines a lot in your last post, but I like the composition of this one as well. The tree in this image plays a more important and complimentary element to the balanced rock. No clue on the skywriting.

Jason