Nikkor 500mm f/4 D IF-ED AF-S
1/1000s F/7.1 ISO 450
Gitzo GT5541LS
Wimberley Head II

Thanks For Looking.

http://www.sameershah.com/birdphotographers/2227.jpg

Giuseppe Varano
08-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Hi Sameer, I like this kind of shot. When is possible, I think is always appreciated to see some habitat and other species in the frame. The colors are very nice and the landig pose too. As personal taste I would prefer a 3:2 format. Unfortunately the lower bird's legs cut is a weak point.

Sameer Shah
08-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi Giuseppe
Thanks for liking and commenting.
Yes, I made a mistake in format. I could have made 3:2. In haste I mess up with compo. Unfortunately front bird's legs are not in original. Only way out is completely crop out foreground?!
That is how fast photography happens many a times!
Sameer

Daniel Cadieux
08-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I like the incoming pose and habitat. Exposure, colours, and details are all good. As much as I like seeing a variety of species in a single image I do think that cropping out the birds at bottom would provide you with a stronger composition.

PhilCook
08-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I too am for cropping out the bottom birds to bring more attention to just the Pelican, but at the same time I like the diversity this image shows so depending on just what one wants to portray would determine the crop. There
's a lot of birds there, a photographers paradise by the look of it.

Sameer Shah
08-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks Deniel for liking habitat, exposure and colours.
I cropped out the bottom part of the image and it looks better. Wish I could have included the full pose of Black-necked Stork :-(
Bird in flight photography is like this most of the time.

Sameer Shah
08-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks PhilCook (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/member.php/13688-PhilCook)
Yes, it's like a paradise for bird photography. As I said earlier wish I could have included the full pose of Black-necked Stork :-( it could have been a far better image.