1DX, 24-70mm @ 24mm
Manual, 3 images 2 stops apart, ISO 100
Post-production- 15in MBP, LR4, CS6, NIK HDR Effex Pro 2, NIK Color Effex Pro 4

See you where there is light, or at the computer,

Chas i

Don Railton
08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi Charles

Its a wonderful composition but I am finding the image a little too 'over something' for my liking...Not sure if the 'something' is the sharpening or the colour processing, but its seems harsh on the eye to me. Never though I would have the nerve (or need) to say that one of your images, but there you go...

regards
DON

Charles Glatzer
08-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi Charles

Its a wonderful composition but I am finding the image a little too 'over something' for my liking...Not sure if the 'something' is the sharpening or the colour processing, but its seems harsh on the eye to me. Never though I would have the nerve (or need) to say that one of your images, but there you go...

regards
DON

DON, no worries...lol I appreciate the comments. The color is accurate, the sharpening was difficult at this low res and compression...and may account for your "over something".

Best, Chas

Morkel Erasmus
08-14-2012, 02:22 AM
A lovely scene Chas. Great light and I don't mind the colour. I've been seeing some good results from Nik HDR Efex, even though I prefer manual blending at the moment.

It does look a bit "crisp" - have a look at the sticky thread I posted at the top of the Landscapes forum where there are some slick sharpening actions specifically for landscape imagery that were programmed by a photographic friend of mine who is a PS boff...they really do a good job and take the hassle out of worrying about effective front-to-back sharpness on landscape shots. It's also done through masks so you can adjust the intensity by adjusting the mask opacity.
:bg3:

I've posted photos at 1000px wide at 50-ish quality settings and mostly haven't had issues with compression when using these actions.

Charles Glatzer
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Morkel,

TY, I will check out the actions.

Chas

Robert Amoruso
08-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Good looking place to lead a bear workshop from Chas.

Perhaps I will join you there one day on a workshop. :)

Markus Jais
08-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Beautiful shot. I like the colors and the composition. The dark sky is great.

Markus

Grady Weed
08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Chas,

I can feel the warm suns rays, the cool breeze blowing in my face and can hear maybe a loon calling to its mate. I have always loved the great outdoors. If I die and can call the shots when and where it happens, I want it to be some place like this and at dawn. This image evokes great emotion and powerful expressions, like most of your images. Well done. May you keep imaging our grand earth for many years to come. Please keep posting these wonderful artistic expressions.

Mark Wiseman
08-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi Chas,

I like the colours and the composition.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.