PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron, Bonaire NA

George DeCamp
04-20-2008, 06:27 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/DSC_6892.jpg

Green Heron, Bonaire NA

Was cleaning up the old HD today and found this guy. This image was made in 2004 while on a dive trip with some buddies Scot Elowitz and a mutual friend of ours Stu Levine. Funny how I like the images from that old D100 still to this day even though I have a setup now which costs 3 times more $ at least! :confused:

Nikon D100, 500mm AF-S, x1.4, ISO 200, f8, Gitzo tripod, sidekick.

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey George,
How are you my friend? Listen; its not the hardware ( camera ) its the photographer behind the hardware...:) CONGRATS BUDDY, love this one to death...:D I love that low angle stalking position on your bird. The colors are nice and bright and the details on your subject are tack sharp. and you gotta love that eye...:eek:

Alfred Forns
04-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi George what are you talking about .... the new big lens is under 4k only :D

Might have tried making the image from a higher perspective to separate form the dark shore bg Might also lighten the bird Tough area to work the light fg is also difficult to deal with Do like the strike pose a lot Good file from the old timer ............ meaning the camera :cool:

Scott Elowitz
04-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice shot. I remember this guy right in front of us. Great memories George, I think it was that night that I proposed :) We need to go back!

Freddy Franzella
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Cool looking image George!

Fabs Forns
04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Lovely pose and bird, don't love the background though...

Arthur Morris
04-21-2008, 07:43 AM
To all the "great shot" posters (above and elsewhere on BPN), please remember that only honest critiques will help folks improve. If you do believe that an image is great, please support your opinion with details. Thanks <smile> Please wear this shoe only if it fits.

So now here comes Mr. Rain-on-the Parade Again. I like the pose, the green reflections, and the sharpness. The BKGR is quite distracting and Alfred's get higher suggestion is excellent. The whitish reflections are also distracting. The head is facing slightly away, and the bird is a bit too dark and a bit over-SAT-ed.