PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Abstract

Anita Bower
08-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Small Milkweed leaves. Taken this morning, shade. Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f3.5, 1/80, ISO 160, tripod, live view focusing, manual exposure. Processed in Elements 10: High Pass, crop, auto contrast.

Valerio Tarone
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi Anita , shalloow DOF, a\ lovely image.

Steve Maxson
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Anita. This is certainly abstract. :S3: A little too abstract for my taste perhaps, but that's just me - we all see the world differently and there is no right/wrong here. I like that the tip of the top leaf is sharp enough to give my eye something to lock onto and the diagonals of the leaves and stem are also pluses.

Anita Bower
08-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for comments. It may be too abstract for me, too. Just playing around.

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey Anita,
You know......I don't normally like shallow DOF but I do think you are onto something here! I like the two leaves but the diagonal line that runs from the UL to the LR it a bit overposering to me and takes away from the 2 leaves. I do think if you blend them a bit more and minimize that.......this will work very well! Just some food for thought. You are much braver than me experimenting on that end so I applaud your efforts!

Anita Bower
08-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey Anita,
You know......I don't normally like shallow DOF but I do think you are onto something here! I like the two leaves but the diagonal line that runs from the UL to the LR it a bit overposering to me and takes away from the 2 leaves. I do think if you blend them a bit more and minimize that.......this will work very well! Just some food for thought. You are much braver than me experimenting on that end so I applaud your efforts!

I see exactly what you mean. Good point. And, thank you!