PDA

View Full Version : Gadwall female

John Chardine
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Spent a nice couple of hours this afternoon with a pair of Gadwalls, which have just arrived at the Sackville (NB) Waterfowl Park. They are beautiful ducks and the female is particularly nice. They were feeding on filamentous algae, which you can see floating around the bird. The pair was oblivious to me. I'm afraid the white speculum in the wing is partially blown.

Comments welcome!

40D, 500mm, F4
capture date: Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:08:42 PM
exposure program: Aperture Priority
ISO speed: 400
shutter speed: 1/2000
aperture: f5.6
exposure bias: +0.0

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey John,
Love your image and composition, nice colors and details on your lady...:) Wishing the water was not dirty but its ok...:D

Alfred Forns
04-20-2008, 06:58 PM
HI John Very nice looking duck Would have been nice to photograph him on clean water as suggested by Gus !! Would also like to have seen more room around the duck Feels tight in frame Do like he head angle and overall color Stopping down would have increase the dof

For the whiles you might be able to do a layer and multiply then back the opacity You should have some detail in the area Exposure is very close !!!!

Cindy Cone
04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Lovely portrait of a lovely duck. I don't mind the dirty water so much, but I agree that it is a bit tight in the frame.