PDA

View Full Version : Golden lynx spider

Jason Stander
08-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi all... this an image of a golden lynx spider that I found on a autumn coloured leave which complimented the spider very well... tried to get an angle that would give me a clean bg.

Canon 60D
Canon MP-E 65mm
Canon MT-24EX Macro twinlite (diffused)

Aperture: f16
Shutter speed: 1/250s
ISO100
Metering: Spot
Magnification: x2.5

Crits and comments welcome... ENJOY!:w3

Andrew Merwin
08-12-2012, 08:18 AM
A very thorny looking spider. I like the BG & the leaf as the both compliment the spider very well. You were very successful here. Great sharpness on the eyes. I like this image a lot. TFS.

Dave Johnson
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
He looks like a real handful Jason! I love how you captured him head on and also the complimentary colours of leaf and background. Nice subtle use of flash. The hairs and the angles at which they protrude keep me interested. I like this one alot. Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
08-15-2012, 05:42 AM
Yes it works for me too, good focus and complimentary colours. I suspect the white area is not blown but I would suggest toning it down a little if possible.

Steve Maxson
08-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Jason. Another winner! I like the eye-level view of the spider and you certainly succeeded in getting a clean background. Excellent sharpness within your DOF and I, too, like the colors. Like Jonathan, I'm wondering about the whiteness around the face - was it actually this bright or did the flash really light it up? Overall, this is a very cool image!

Jason Stander
08-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Thank you all for the comments and views. :cheers: Steven and Johnathan... the white around the face is trade mark of the lynx spider. It is this bright and not washed out.

Steve Maxson
08-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Steven and Johnathan... the white around the face is trade mark of the lynx spider. It is this bright and not washed out.

Cool! Thanks for the followup!

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey Jason,
This turned out fantastic! Great pose and BG with excellent DOF. A winner for sure!

Jason Stander
08-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Thank you Roman... appreciate!