PDA

View Full Version : Barred - owlet

Jan Saunders
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Also taken at Elephant Plains
Canon 1D Mk IV
Canon 800mm f5.6 USM IS L Lens
Av f 5.6
Fill flash used 1 stop under exposed, on off camera flash bracket.
Tripod, with Gimble head.

I cropped the photo a bit.

Richard Unsworth
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Powerful shot, not clear but objects dealt with well
great eyes which draw you to them, exposure spot on, bg color very pleasant
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Maya Raut
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Jan,

This is fantastic capture considering lots of distraction in the FG. You did really well with the focusing.
Love the impressive big eyes with beautiful white eyebrows, brown design on white feathers below the chest and BG.
The small stick near right eye is bit distracting but sometimes we have to take what nature provides us.

- Maya

Bill Dix
08-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Terrific image. Very good exposure and fill flash. As Maya noted, good job acquiring focus through the branches. Wish there were a few less branches, of course, but that seems to be the way with owls. Thanks for sharing.

Doug Brown
08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Nice eye contact and good sharpness. The branches are a little busy, and there's a definite bluish color cast. Sure is a pretty owl!

Marina Scarr
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Very cool looking owl, esp those eyes. Exposure looks good. The only twig that I find distracting is the one near the bird's right eye, and if you are not opposed to it, I think the J tool could take care of that one rather quickly. I wouldn't have noticed the cast had Doug not mentioned it, but I do see where the white feathers have a bluish tint. Well done in a tough situation.

PhilCook
08-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Love those eyes and well done in a difficult situation, the slight blue cast is only very minor, but could also be a lot to do with monitor differences. Concur with Marina regarding the twig near the eye

Nick Palmieri
08-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Nice job for what you were working with. Nice detail maintained in the bird. I am bugged by the bright spot behind the owls head...

Ken Watkins
08-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Jan,

These are rarely seen in anything approaching twig free environments, this very good indeed

Satish Ranadive
08-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Excellent image of Owl.
I like the details and expression of the bird.

Regards,
Satish.