PDA

View Full Version : Someone's Gettin' an Earful!

Jeff Dyck
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
A pair of Eastern Phoebes having a "discussion" (maybe someone forgot to take out the garbage!). I am not thrilled with the motion blur on the bird on the right, but the head is sharp - the bird was just taking flight when the shutter was released and I hadn't anticipated the fast motion...

Canon 1DIV -- 800mm f/5.6L IS + 1.4x TC -- f/8 @ 1/800s -- ISO-800

Randy Stout
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Jeff:

Nice interaction, he is probably blasting off to avoid the 'instructions' he is receiving.

Pleasant main BG, OK with leaves, might blur them just a sliver more.

Well exposed.

I might try a version without the downward projecting twig in the center.

Cheers

Randy

Tony Whitehead
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I like the interaction and especially the pose of the bird on the left with the open bill. Only suggestion is to smooth out the lower BG a bit - I find the pale areas running vertically into it a bit distracting.

Maya Raut
08-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Hi Jeff,

It's very nice interaction image. Like the head turn of both birds, sharpness, perch and BG. It would have been better if the near bird was equally sharp. But still it is a very nice image.

- Maya

PhilCook
08-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Lovely interaction, and like the stick running diagonal across the frame...would the near bird stand up to another round of sharpening ?

Giuseppe Varano
08-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Lovely interaction and very nice shot.

Ben_Sadd
08-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Really like the interaction. If you are ok with it, I would also like to see this with the club-ended twig removed. If it isn't too much I would try another round of sharpening around the beak and eye of the right-hand bird.

Satish Ranadive
08-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Excellent image.Very nice interaction.Love the poses of both and their expressions too.
I like the sharpness and details.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
08-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Fantastic interaction, great colours. Well balanced comp, even with that extra twig (I could live with it there or not). Ilove the open bill...it shows just how big the gap is for catching insects on the fly. I too think the face of the right bird could take a bit more sharpening for web, and I'd remove the smaller extra catchlight on it's eye. Very nice overall, wish it was mine!

Matthew Studebaker
08-15-2012, 07:47 AM
it's always difficult to get bird interaction photos. This does the job nicely. Great poses from both birds, good composition. Well done!