PDA

View Full Version : White Bellied Sunbird Take-off

Jan Saunders
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I took this at Elephant Plains Game Lodge between the aloe marlottis.

I cropped the image.

Tony Whitehead
08-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Congratulations on your first post, Jan. Great colours, especially on the iridescent head and neck. Interesting to see the protruding tongue. Looks a little tight above and left so a bit more space if you have it would be nice. Adding info re camera, lens, iso, SS aperture etc will maximise constructive feedback. Keep them coming

Stu Bowie
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Jan, a big welcome to BPN, and hope to see more of your work. Lovely colours throughout the image, and good to see the tongue from the sunbird. I agree with Tony with more space left and top, and I would blend in the lighter spot in the BG.

Karl Egressy
08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Lovely first post, Jan.

PhilCook
08-09-2012, 04:42 PM
A blaze of color in this, very nice indeed...I'm jealous ! Liking the active tongue too and inclusion of the flower head. Agree with the suggestions regarding needing more room on the top for composition, and at the same time maybe cropping the bottom somewhat to remove more of the oof flower parts.

Overall a very eye pleasing shot, and what sweet subject matter

Nancy Bell
08-10-2012, 09:00 AM
A very good perspective with that brilliant orange flower in the foreground. These are busy little birds and you have a great capture here with the wings extended and the head/eye sharp. Welcome to the forum.

Satish Ranadive
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Welcome to BPN Jan.Excellent colorful first post.Love the bird,colors and blurred wings.

Regards,
Satish.