PDA

View Full Version : Australian wood duck

Thonnaksar NOP
04-20-2008, 02:49 PM
This Australian wood duck has been captured at sunset. Actually, there was no direct light on the duck but only on the bush in the background (that's why it looks orange).
The head angle could be better, but I like the colours of the natural environment in this image.

D2Hs, 200-400 VR, 1/350", f/4, @400mm, 1000 ISO, Handheld

Arthur Morris
04-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Lovely, lovely lovely. Love the light and the colors. And the head angle is absoutely perfect!!! Why do you not like it?

I am not sure about the white in the U-R-C. How do you all feel about the re-post vs; the ORIG. Anohter life bird for me, and a real beauty. The patterns on the breast are amazing.

ps: On a second look I like the way the white balances with the bird in the ORIG...

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Good one Sar!

I do like your head-on portrait, you know what I mean, you shoudl post that. :)

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Very nice composition and image, love the soft colors and the details on your bird. I like the repost from artie...:cool:

Thonnaksar NOP
04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Lovely, lovely lovely. Love the light and the colors. And the head angle is absoutely perfect!!! Why do you not like it?

I am not sure about the white in the U-R-C. How do you all feel about the re-post vs; the ORIG. Anohter life bird for me, and a real beauty. The patterns on the breast are amazing.

ps: On a second look I like the way the white balances with the bird in the ORIG...
Hi Artie,
When I compare your repost to mine I can see the difference in saturation (my image looks a bit over saturated). Thanks for cloning out the bright patch on top right.
I still remember the strong constrast between the bird and the BG, and the vivid colours of the environment that day. That's why I tried to capture this particular moment. But I'd love the duck turns a bit more his head toward my camera...

Thonnaksar NOP
04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Good one Sar!

I do like your head-on portrait, you know what I mean, you shoudl post that. :)

I will, Akos. Probably tomorrow.

John Cooper
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Great effort Sar on handholding the 400mm for this capture!!!
Love the colour combinations here and the selective focusing on the wood duck. Head angle is just fine and if the legs were visible it would put it over the top!!!

Simon Bennett
04-21-2008, 05:21 AM
The effect of uniformity and pastel colours of the background, foreground and wings are most artistic.