08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Brittany, Lighthouse off shore about 1-2km

Canon EOS 1D Mk II
Lens: 70-200mm f/2.8 L II
ISO 100
f 22
time 61 sec.
Focal 125mm
LE done with attaching to the lens B&W ND filter 103 & 106 with Gradient hard ND 0.9 from Lee ( by now I finally received the Big Stopper from Lee :bg3: )

Levels, than processed in Silver Efex actually not much at all. Contrast and Brightness, color tone
Efex Pro 2 added glow to the water
In color this image is more grey in grey, not much blue at all from sky nor water, as it was a grey Brittany day with sometimes the sun coming through.
The Lighthouse itself is not straight, checked with binoculars as well.

If anyone has suggestions to do this better in any way, so please do and do NOT hesitate.
Thanks a lot :S3:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I8PRC1X1q70/UBqlGfYcnrI/AAAAAAAAIQY/MA4Wl0c4v1M/s1000/Solitude.jpg
www.anettemossbacher.com (http://www.anettemossbacher.com)

Robert Amoruso
08-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Anette,

Well done. My only suggestion would be to try a crop from the top to above the line of clouds in the middle of the sky. I think that strengthens the lighthouse's and rock's impact in the scene.

Good explanation on the setting and technique used.

I wondered if a more symmetrical placement of the LH and Rock horizontally in the scene would work - though after enjoying this for sometime I don't think so.

Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing you back here.

Morkel Erasmus
08-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome here, Anette! Glad you are finding your way around...

There's a great graphical quality to this. Robert's made a good crop suggestion, but I do enjoy this as posted too! Lovely mood, tranquillity and tonal range here.
I am green about your Big Stopper :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi Robert,

I tried the crop and indeed it brings out much more the LH :bg3:
When I figured out how to post the crop version I will do so.
Your suggestion : I wondered if a more symmetrical placement of the LH and Rock horizontally in the scene would work
I tried it, but the crop looks by far much better.

Thank you very much for your help :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

Anette Mossbacher
08-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi Morkel,

Thank you very much Morkel, highly appreciate your thoughts of it. The suggestion from Robert looks great when cropped, brings out totally the LH.
Need to figure out now how to post that in here too. I do not see any button for attachments though or should use another pair of glasses !! :eek3:

Hope you do not turn totally green, you will scare your kids with that alien look. I have waited nearly for 2 month for that Big stopper. Hard to get here.
If you cannot get the stopper in SA let me know. A friend of mine goes to Jo'burg in October, she can bring you one along. It is not heavy at all :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

Anette Mossbacher
08-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Robert and Morkel,

please do have a look. I did the crop, for me it looks much much better. :bg3:
What are your thoughts on this ?

Thank you very much :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

Anette Mossbacher
08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Hmm, when I look at it again, than the crop might should be a bit higher !