PDA

View Full Version : The Ancients

PhilCook
08-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Just a scene about 200klms north on Adelaide, a typical rural scene of this area with very bold Red Gums amid pastures, I'd hazard a guess some are several hundred years of age. I confess I didn't put too much time into this, just few quick shots on the way home with an impatient wife waiting in the car hehehehe

Nikon D300 + Tamron 28/75 ....28mm, f8, ISO 200, 1/320....a little dodge and burn used, not sure how this is going to look after uploading, it had to be compressed quite a lot to sit within accepted file sizes

Robert Amoruso
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Phil,

A better bet for this area is to get close to the Red Gums and concentrate on the smaller details like the bark, the leaves, looking up as you stand below them.

As posted I do not find a center of interest in the image - something that ties it all together and that the other smaller elements compositionally support.

PhilCook
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Thankyou Robert, I agree on all accounts, I really should of taken more time to set this up.

Matt Fragale
08-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I think that's one of those images that if I were there, I would have taken as well... because the huge trees and the mountains and the clouds would have looked at me disdainfully, had I not. However, I agree that it probably is sort of blah once you get it home. You know what might look nice? A black and white conversion, add some drama to it so those clouds up on the mountain stand out... maybe. I think it's a cool shot, but yeah.. lacking in focus.