PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Loon

Yves Matteau
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry, i forgot to opload the image the first try...here it is.

Canon 20D
1/500
F/7.1
ISO 400
EXP. COMP. -0.33
LENS 100-400@190 mm

Axel Hildebrandt
04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Good exposure control and details. Could you have gotten a lower angle?

Steve Maxson
04-20-2008, 02:03 PM
A very sharp image in nice light. A lower angle would help, but this can be difficult to achieve without falling in the water. :) I would like to see a bit more room on the left. As presented, the tail seems to be touching, or almost touching, the frame.

Gus Cobos
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Yves, congratulations...:D The colors the water makes your subject stand out. :DHe is sharp and has great details on the feathers and the head..I would have liked to see more room towards the back of the tail; as for the angle of capture, yes it would be better if you went a wee bit lower, but hey we were not there and perhaps you did the best you could...:)

A BIG CONGRATS from me...you did good...:D:D:D

Yves Matteau
04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Yves, congratulations...:D The colors the water makes your subject stand out. :DHe is sharp and has great details on the feathers and the head..I would have liked to see more room towards the back of the tail; as for the angle of capture, yes it would be better if you went a wee bit lower, but hey we were not there and perhaps you did the best you could...:)

A BIG CONGRATS from me...you did good...:D:D:D

Thank you all for the appreciation. In fact, it was impossible to get lower angle without going right into the water:)

Grady Weed
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
You have a nice sharp eye on this one with good black head, very smooth. Nice water. A nice frame to turn into a post card or put on a calendar. Keep after them!