1DiV, 500L f4
1/1600 @ f/5.6, ISO 800
Post-production- 27in iMac, LR4 slight crop, CS6
Nik Color Effex 4 Tonal Contrast

Chad in AK :w3

Ken Watkins
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Chad,

This is very nice and just needed a little more head turn by the bear on LHS to get a little more eye then it would have been a classic.

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi Chad, always good to see bears, can I assume this was with Chas?

If this was on the walkways I guess you had limited movement either side, plus the POV would be looking down to some degree? I don't have a real issue about HA, however if you had been able to move slightly to the right this may have given a slightly better perspective, but again I can only assume. Is the image cropped, did you HH the gear or was it on a tripod, obviously the later would restrict your movements? I like the way the water is churning up, gives a nice sense of the environment & location and the jaws of the bears open conveying the exchange of 'who's boss', asserting their position within the hierarchy of the food chain. Looking at the colour I would be tempted to adjust both the blue & yellow, as this I feel would certainly help in relation and primarily for the colour of the water.

TFS
Steve

Russell Johnson
08-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Great capture of the interaction.

Would agree with Steve's comments here.

Chad Caswell
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Chad, always good to see bears, can I assume this was with Chas?

If this was on the walkways I guess you had limited movement either side, plus the POV would be looking down to some degree? I don't have a real issue about HA, however if you had been able to move slightly to the right this may have given a slightly better perspective, but again I can only assume. Is the image cropped, did you HH the gear or was it on a tripod, obviously the later would restrict your movements? I like the way the water is churning up, gives a nice sense of the environment & location and the jaws of the bears open conveying the exchange of 'who's boss', asserting their position within the hierarchy of the food chain. Looking at the colour I would be tempted to adjust both the blue & yellow, as this I feel would certainly help in relation and primarily for the colour of the water.

TFS
Steve

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, I mad a quick adjustment per your suggestion below. I agree, much nicer tone.

Chad

Steve Kaluski
08-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Glad to be of help Chad, look forward to more.

Hilary Hann
08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
The interaction between the bears and the swirling water makes for a very fine image in my view. I like the repost, looks like colour issues are fixed.

Dumay de Boulle
08-06-2012, 05:20 AM
I like it...Nice interaction and great detail.