PDA

View Full Version : old truck: nature wins

Hazel Grant
08-04-2012, 02:08 PM
doesn't fit the oriental theme, but thought I'd share it anyway. Seems everyone must somewhere do an old truck. Finally found mine, with trees and bushes growing out of it. Thought of the title nature wins.
Used overlay and vivid light modes in levels and vibrance. Added cloned color to the back of the side mirror to remove white reflection. Then topaz simplisfy biz sim and painting oil.

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Great image, Hazel. I like the colors and the Filter work - good find:S3:

Hazel Grant
08-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Got to thinking, maybe and old look for an olde truck, so here is a repost using a Draganise tutorial and low op fill lights. is it a better look?

denise ippolito
08-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Hazel, this truck really does look great with the filtering you applied. I like the composition you chose and the colors are great! I might (if it were mine) reduce the cyan in the windshield-maybe :)

Mark Fuge
08-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Nice image and application, Hazel.

Reminds me of a Chassis in Lava image that I shot on the Big Island on my first trip to the islands. Nature rules! :w3

Nicely done. Like the color enhancement. :5

Indranil Sircar
08-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Beautiful composition, Hazel. I like this in-your-face perspective and bold colors. Nice use of simplify. For me the original works the best. I do think you have repost creates a different mood and can be further enhanced by increasing the black point to give a bit of contrast.

Andrew McLachlan
08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice one Hazel, I really like the color in the first post and the repost also works well as an alternate version.

Kerry Perkins
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Hazel, good find and a source of more images, I'm sure. I like the original post better. The desaturated look is nice, but it feels too green to me. If I'm not mistaken, this in an International Harvester truck, likely from the late '60s or early '70s. I like the colorful treatment and simplified look of the original.