PDA

View Full Version : Ringed Plover

Simon Wantling
08-04-2012, 01:40 PM
One from a recent trip. I was probably within 5 - 6 meters of this bird, but being small, I did had to crop the image. I hope I've done it justice.
As always, I'm eager to learn and improve, so comments are always welcomed.
7D, 100-400mm @400mm, ISO400, 1/1000, f5.6

Joe Senzatimore
08-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks like it held up well. Might take a bit more off the left and right sides. Great DOF. I'm loving the details in the bird and the stones. A sliver off the bottom might help as well , as the oof stones tend to draw the eye away from the main subject. You have the right idea. Just needs to be tweeked. Stay with it.

Richard Unsworth
08-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Very nice Simon, good suggestion above, dont know how flat you were, can see the beach sloped away.
I would like to see a tighter crop all round.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Simon Wantling
08-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the comments and the suggestion regarding the crop. I'll look back at the raw file again.

Richard: yes the beach was sloping away. This was taken at Blakeney Point, so the shingle just dropped away.

Thanks again.

Simon