PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Nilgiri Tahr

V S Sankar
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
This Nilgiri Tahr,from Eravikulam NP in South India may not be taking a nap yet.It was trying to locate its baby which was nearby...

Canon 400D<55-250IS,1/400,f6.3,ISO400,Ev metering

Regardshttp://indiawilds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10644&stc=1&d=1341582366

Jeannean Ryman
08-05-2012, 07:11 AM
I would prefer a different crop. (The subject is too centered for me.) I'd also increase the contrast on the subject a bit. Here's a quick rework for a different idea:

Jeff Cashdollar
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Sanjeev,

Jeannean provides good feedback, the subject is centered and sleepy eyed. Notice the distracting elements in the upper right hand side of the frame. Work the subject (maybe you did here) I might have attempted a portrait given the busy habitat thus mitigating the other elements - remember to control the subject, foreground and background,..hence the frame.

What story are you and the cameral telling, composition is the key here,..keep em coming!!!

**Followup,..by composition I mean concepts like leading lines, the rule of thirds and subject placement. You have an ability to find interesting subjects and great locations,..this is not easy, you are on the right track with your photography.