PDA

View Full Version : Crunch (Graphic)

Ken Watkins
08-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Well that is the sound on our video, one of the many large prides in Ruaha National Park, Tanzania (this one numbered 15 excluding Males)

An extremely young Giraffe had a very short life which ended in the morning of 3rd July 2012

EOS MkIII

70-200mm MkII at 185mm

F5, ISO 400, 1/2000

Harsh light

Hilary Hann
08-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I am trying hard to concentrate on the positives on images for my c&c but I do find this one quite difficult. The plus points are the looks in the two lions' eyes, one quite sure of itself and one more aggressive which I do find interesting. But because the light appears so harsh it has reduced the image quality a lot as far as making a pleasing photo and in my heart of hearts, I love giraffes too much to really enjoy seeing them like this. But that's nature!

One thing I would say, that if it had been possible I think 'the' shot is the lioness on the left with her wild eyes and her paw on the carcass with the claws extended. If you had managed to isolate that when shooting, perhaps moving to your right a bit, it would have been very interesting.

Not very helpful, I'm sorry.

Ken Watkins
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Hilary,

Thanks for commenting.
I agree it is not an overly pleasant shot, and the light did not help, I like Giraffe as well but unfortunately this pride specializes in them. I have some more more pleasant shots of this sighting which will come in time.

Gregor Bergquist
08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Ouch! I´m too soft for pictures like this. Agree with Hillary that you have captured looks and eyes of the lions. I also like this kind of rugged habitat.