PDA

View Full Version : Abundance

Nancy Bell
08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I have a lot of time as I sit and wait for contractors each day. The silver lining is that I am understanding more what the filters and effects can do.

The koi selection is from a much larger image of a huge koi pond. To that I applied pixel bender, oil paint. When I want to simplify images with other filters I find oil paint a good start that blends some of the details that can get magnified with each different filter and make the final image too busy and cluttered. Then I really love Fractalius so I applied a layer of that. Then Nik bicolor user defined, topaz clean, topaz adjust vintage, topaz adjust stylized collection dark night, added a bkgd and then a nik image border. Whew!

The kanji means "abundance".

Dan Brown
08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Very unique and creative, Nancy! Contemporary Asian? OOTB for sure. This is OOTB as an Asian piece! So, OOTB-OOTB!

denise ippolito
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Nancy I agree w/ Dan it has a very contemporary look to it that I love. The fish have a very soft serene look to them.

Cheryl Slechta
08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Nancy, waiting for the contractors is a good thing:S3: I love the creative thinking that went into this one - especially the abstract look to the koi. Nice work.

Nancy Bell
08-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Thank you Dan, Denise and Cheryl. I want to share this sign that was in the pond with the koi. I get the general meaning but certainly do not understand the actual words :eek3:!. This is in Chengdu, China. I was in China in May, 2008 when that huge earthquake hit so my trip certainly did not go as planned. But it was still quite the experience.

Judy Howle
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I like what you did with the fish; contemporary Asian is an accurate description. I like the colors of the fish and background. That is strange wording on the sign!

Indranil Sircar
08-02-2012, 12:38 AM
This is outstanding! I really like the contemporary look... excellent processing.

John Storjohann
08-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Nancy, I really like the image of the koi...Denise is right...very serene, with subtle colors and graceful lines...nicely done!

Nancy Bell
08-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Thank you Judy, Indranil and John. I could not make the koi image stand on its own so I needed to create some sort of supporting bkgd. It was a fun process.

Mitch Carucci
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
This really works for me. Thumbs up.