PDA

View Full Version : Impala on the flight

Andreas Liedmann
08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Photographed this "flying" Impala at Chudop waterhole were a group of Impalas went mad , for some reason. Luckily i could isolate the last one .

Canon EOS 1D IV
EF 500 IS L
Window bracket

F 8 / 1/800 sec / ISO 500

Processed in RPP + PS had to add canvas to LHS for composition, followed by cropping to FF.

Hope you like it .
Critics as always very much welcome, good or bad ones.

Cheers Andreas

Hilary Hann
08-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Captured the pose very well, lovely detail in the coat and the tail is perfect. Only thing I'd check is some of the canvas extension if you intend to sell the image as there are some repetition marks.

Ken Watkins
08-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Andreas,

It is great when animals have what I like to call a "mad half hour".

The capture of the "moment" is perfect , the shine on the fur may look odd to some, but in my view typical Etosha light.

Only minor amendments needed on the extension, and only if you look closely.

Dumay de Boulle
08-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Great pose and the IQ is great. Not easy and you have done well. Nice full extension and I really like the sheen in the fur.

Steve Kaluski
08-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi Andreas, good reaction time and having the legs spread out just emphasises the action and shows the athletic build of this animal nicely. Nice curve to the back and the raised tail. In an ideal world, for me it would have been good to have all the shadow in plus a bit more FG, there is always next time. :w3 Top marks for what you got, especially with a fixed lens.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
08-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments.

Hillary - thanks for the tip , but i do not sell my images.

Cheers Andreas

Steve Canuel
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Nicely timed Andreas. Good detail in the fur. I like the full out extension of the animal and the curled over tail.

Chad Caswell
08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
for 1/800 of a second, in flight at 500mm you did some great panning. Nicely done with very good looking colors.