PDA

View Full Version : An eye

Randy Rimland
08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
d700 + sigma 150

i like the way his eye was about the only thing in focus

Steve Maxson
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi Randy and welcome to the Macro forum! Please remember to include your camera and lens settings as that will help us make more meaningful comments. :S3: If your goal was to have only the eye sharp within a very narrow DOF, you succeeded admirably! That eye is razor sharp! I might suggest a couple tweaks - you could tone down (or clone) the bright rock below the lizard and tone down the bright area above the lizard's head as these are drawing my eye - away from its eye. :S3: Also, because the OOF background really isn't adding to the image, I would suggest cropping some from both top and bottom to place even more emphasis on that cool eye. This is nicely done and I hope to see more of your macro work.

Randy Rimland
08-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Randy and welcome to the Macro forum! Please remember to include your camera and lens settings as that will help us make more meaningful comments. :S3: If your goal was to have only the eye sharp within a very narrow DOF, you succeeded admirably! That eye is razor sharp! I might suggest a couple tweaks - you could tone down (or clone) the bright rock below the lizard and tone down the bright area above the lizard's head as these are drawing my eye - away from its eye. :S3: Also, because the OOF background really isn't adding to the image, I would suggest cropping some from both top and bottom to place even more emphasis on that cool eye. This is nicely done and I hope to see more of your macro work.

thx for the feedback Steve

since I use an IE plugin for viewing exif I always forget to list it....btw all my posted images have the exif data included

which brings up another interesting thing (as I try to add the info) and that is why can't i edit my original post ?

Steve Maxson
08-02-2012, 05:05 PM
which brings up another interesting thing (as I try to add the info) and that is why can't i edit my original post ?

Randy - If I remember correctly, one is only allowed 15 or 20 minutes after posting to edit your original post - just the way this site is set up. You can always add additional info in a followup posting like this one. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Nice shot, I like the narrow DOF but I woulkd have preferred it had it not been quite so narrow. the tip of the nose is shouting at me and I wish it was sharp.