PDA

View Full Version : Mist and Clouds

Vivaldo Damilano
07-31-2012, 01:17 PM
D3s 24-70 F2.8 1/250s at f11 ISO320.

Hilary Hann
07-31-2012, 08:21 PM
I love the rolling mists, not so sure about the heavy cloud without detail on the top right corner. I tried cropping some of the sky and the rhs which lessened the effect but of course it is your vision here. I think this would have worked quite well without the bush in the foreground as it is more of a distraction to the very interesting texture of the grasses and the light streaming across the distant plains. Still is a very nice landscape.

Robert Amoruso
08-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Hilary brought up some interest, valid points that I agree with on the bush and gray cloud.

The to of the bush intersects with the top of the mountain which I find distracting. Books and articles that we all read make TOO much out of always having something in the FG to add visual interest.

The distance mountains and the play of light on them added to the pleasing clouds is superb - the bush distracts from that. The FG grasses, the color of which contrasts nicely with the sky and mountains is all that is needed IMO.

Morkel Erasmus
08-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Love the colour contrast here Vivaldo, and the play of light and mist on the mountains as mentioned.
I really feel that sometimes we are so fixated on finding as strong an anchor in the FG as possible that we either forget about the real vista in front of us that we wanted to capture in the first place, or we choose one that actually distracts from that vision/vista. It seems the bush was in a fairy circle - it would have been great to just have that circle of bare earth among the grass (assuming there were more around) as a lead-in for the eye towards the mountains.