PDA

View Full Version : Blue Door

Nancy Bell
07-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Here I have tried a completely different look from what I usually do and am eager to hear your comments and suggestions. A brilliantly blue door recessed in a white entry way caught my attention. To the base image I used Nik Effex Pro, color user-defined, then I took it into Topaz cartoon, then pixel bender oil paint, a layer of fractalius and finally a sandstone texture from PS. I used different opacities of these filters on different parts of the image. The final effect makes me think of cubism.

Joe Senzatimore
07-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Abstract are either a love it or leave it opinion for most people. I think this one works very well , and all the processing done to it paid off. Well done.

Hazel Grant
07-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, I like it so much. What is that horizontal line on the left about half way?

Maureen Allen
07-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Clean and simple. Really nice, Nancy. I think maybe it could use a little CW rotation.

Paul Lagasi
07-29-2012, 12:48 AM
It's different, I do like it but I might remove the horizontal line...mid image. I like the abstract look of the image. Nice work

denise ippolito
07-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Nancy, This is very creative! Well done, I agree w/ Maureen maybe a slight rotation. Very nice!

John Storjohann
07-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Creative abstract...beautiful colors...agree with the comments made about a slight CW rotation. Very different for you, Nancy...hope to see more!

Cheryl Slechta
07-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Nancy, this may be different for you but I really like it! I like the simplicity and the abstract look. I don't mind the horizontal line in the middle outside of the door - it seems to correspond to the horizontal line in the front. I hope you share more of these with us:S3:

Nancy Bell
07-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you everyone, for your comments and suggestions and for making folks (like me!) feel so comfortable in posting something very different from their usual OOTB stuff! That horizontal line must be some marking on the wall. I can see leaving or removing it. I agree that it needs a bit more straightening. I thought I had it straight but maybe I had too much coffee and was just a bit jittery :S3:.

Andrew McLachlan
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Nancy, wonderfully creative. I like the abstract qualities to it and the color of the door is eye catching. I cannot decide on the rotation...I think the diagonal lines are creating an optical illusion or perhaps it is the glass of wine I had :S3: Hope to see more of these creations!

Anita Bower
08-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, it makes me think of Cubism also. I like this a lot! The simple yet varied lines and shapes capture my interest. The blue door is the first thing I notice, but then I see the surrounding shapes and colors which frame and hold the door.