View Full Version : butterfly

stuart wanuck
07-28-2012, 08:23 AM
nikon d 300 iso 400
m 1/320@7
200 mm lens

Bob Miller
07-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Stuart....this is lovely. You have the focus right where it is needed and the oof flowers compliment your subject. The bg is well handled and I am loving the color palette of this image. Very Nice work!

LindaHarden
07-28-2012, 09:10 PM
This looks like a Gulf Fritillary to me... actually the butterfly that started my interest in butterflies so one of my favorites.... If it were mine, I might try slightly changing the horizontal so the main stems are a little more vertical and I might crop the flowers on the bottom of the frame so the main fowers have more impact. Very nice.

Steve Maxson
07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Stuart. This beautiful specimen is posing nicely for you and you nailed the focus! The colors and patterns on the butterfly really pop. It also stands out nicely from the background. I would agree with Linda about cropping from the bottom and you might also tone down the saturation of the greens a little. Overall, this is very well done!

Jonathan Ashton
07-31-2012, 03:58 AM
Very nice shot, I agree regards the crop and desaturating the greens, I would also consider desaturating everything a little bit. In addition I would try brightening the butterfly selectively - again only a small amount.