PDA

View Full Version : pink hydrangea

Hazel Grant
07-26-2012, 08:04 PM
After 3 years of no blooms, this hydrangea bush finally put forth. My question, does the greenery around the bloom and the bird feeder in front distract or add to the "ambiance"

LindaHarden
07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I like the idea of the hydrangea from a side view. If it were mine, I would try to brighten up the top left (but that may be my Monitor)..... I think garden pictures with bird feeders,etc are pretty... And wonder how it would look if the photo were taken from further back with the flower and bird feeder both in focus. I also like the soft pink of the flower.

Hazel Grant
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, re that top left, I was also wondering about cropping a bit in on the left. That is actually a tree trunk, but then I'd lose the other flower....decisions......

Steve Maxson
07-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi Hazel. Congrats on getting your hydrangea to finally bloom! You had very nice soft light for this image. IMO, this is a case where less is more. I think your image would be stronger if you photographed the main bloom from a different position to eliminate the feeder and the tree trunks/branches and tried to isolate the beautiful pink bloom as the main/only subject of your image. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
07-31-2012, 04:05 AM
Hazel I would have definitely gone in closer on the bloom and given a little extra exposure. I am not too sure where your point of focus is but I don't think it is on the flower head , the leaves look sharper to me. Did you use a tripod? I think in these circs. it is a good idea it makes me slow down and think the shot through as it were.