PDA

View Full Version : babies

Giovanni Frescura
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
I am not sure about composition and bk. It is a little crop and sharpening is too much ?
Canon Mark III
Canon 300 f.2,8
f.2,8
iso 500
1/320

Robert Amoruso
07-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Giovanni,

I would suggest a crop from the right and top to better accentuate the tigers. Sharpening looks OK to me.

Gregor Bergquist
07-26-2012, 04:28 PM
WOW! This is how I dream about the Tigers.
I like this as it is, as you here get a little habitat. My eyes goes to the left tiger. He comes out so good from the forest, with that glowing green background behind him. I also like the colors of the burned grass i FG.
In my book a top-notch one.

TFS, Gregor

Rachel Hollander
07-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Great that you got both tigers looking toward you. I like the inclusion of the habitat. Sharpening on the tigers looks good to me but maybe a bit too much on the fg grasses.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Uffman
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
would love to get a shot like that but understand the the govt of India is shutting down some of the tourism to see Tigers...at least that is according to a TV news report just last night. Robert's suggestions are spot on IMO and has someone who just spent a ton of time recently trying to get over the sharpening hurdle, I would agree with Rachal that the foreground grass might be slightly over.

All things said, really fine image

Ken Watkins
07-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Giovanni,

Nice to see a Tiger image on here again, this looks OK by me except for the points made above.

Harshad Barve
07-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Giovanni,

Nice to see a Tiger image on here again, this looks OK by me except for the points made above.

Plus one here
TFS

Andreas Liedmann
07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Giovanni,
like the tiger in the habitat shot.Good to see both looking into the camera.Colors and contrast look basically good, but could be a bit punchier for my taste. IQ difficult to say, please reup the image in a larger dimension . 1024px on the long side, to make a more trustful judgement on IQ and sharpness and detail.

Cheers Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi Giovanni,
like the tiger in the habitat shot.Good to see both looking into the camera.Colors and contrast look basically good, but could be a bit punchier for my taste. IQ difficult to say, please reup the image in a larger dimension . 1024px on the long side, to make a more trustful judgement on IQ and sharpness and detail.

Cheers Andreas

with the Robert's crop

Andreas Liedmann
07-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey Giovanni,
the image is still 700 something on the longer side !!
Try to post with 1024 px on the long side.
Makes it easier to judge.
FRom here and now the image looks over sharpened on the grass and the thin twigs on RHS show sharpening halos.The tigers themselves does like a bit soft on the body,my thinking is that the image is bit soft and you tried to push it , but went to far.Just my thoughts.

Cheers Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey Giovanni,
the image is still 700 something on the longer side !!
Try to post with 1024 px on the long side.
Makes it easier to judge.
FRom here and now the image looks over sharpened on the grass and the thin twigs on RHS show sharpening halos.The tigers themselves does like a bit soft on the body,my thinking is that the image is bit soft and you tried to push it , but went to far.Just my thoughts.

Cheers Andreas

this is cropped..and jpeg 5
thanks for your help and tips....

Hilary Hann
07-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Lots of tech advice already, I'll just say that it is always a pleasure to see wild tigers and I think the expression on the lhs cub is great.